Social and Moral
The moral development of pupils is shown by their:
- ability to recognise the difference between right and wrong
- understanding of the consequences of their behaviour and actions
- interest in investigating moral and ethical issues and offering reasoned views
We embed an understanding of right and wrong through discussions and in PSHE lessons, and developing rules. Fostering a respect for rules and supporting the pupils to learn the consequences of their behaviour. We encourage an empathetic response to dilemmas in real life through group discussion and our Restorative approach.
The social development of pupils is shown by their:
- use of a range of social skills in different contexts
- willingness to participate in a variety of communities and social settings, cooperating well with others and being able to resolve conflicts effectively
- acceptance and engagement with the fundamental British values.
Our Restorative Practice is paramount here to enable our pupils to look at ways of constructively solving conflict, preparing them for the next stage of their journey.